We continue our spring journey into the world of plants, Romanian lore, tradition, and contemporary witchcraft, by learning how to work more efficiently with The Stinging Nettle – the fire in the garden. If last time I presented to you how to make Stinging Nettle Tea – the “Healing Fire”, which is perfect for spring purging, this time I present to you the Rejuvenation Elixir, which is perfect to restore your youthful vigor.
Coming out of the cold winter, you need to rejuvenate. It is essential to sharpening your witchy senses. Through spring, Nature brings forth everything we need to restore our youthful vigor. And in order to align ourselves with the rebirth of Old Dokia and the reawakening of Nature, we turn to traditions such as the gathering of seasonal herbs that help us rejuvenate naturally. The gathering of nettles in the month of March is a long-held tradition among Romanians, who use them in a number of ways to restore good health and strengthen their immune system.
Rejuvenation Elixir May Help:
- low energy levels, fatigue
- poor immunity
- inflammation and fever
- rheumatism and arthritis
- tissue regeneration
- hair loss
Stinging nettles have a distinct significance that associates them with the primordial forces of the season. They are natural effigies of the battle between summer and winter and their sting causes healing burning sensations just like the war god’s fire. In fact, they are truly powerful healing plants that can help you restore and maintain your health naturally.
The “Rejuvenation Elixir” is a traditional remedy that the Romanian people have been using since very old times to restore their vigor after long and cold winters. It is a simple mixture that contains stinging nettle and honey, which makes it a natural remedy for multiple health conditions.
How to prepare the Rejuvenation Elixir
Because of the iron dense nettles and energy boosting honey, this elixir is a great remedy for those who experience physical weakness, anemia, or spring asthenia. But it is also excellent in helping relive rheumatism and arthritis symptoms. Furthermore, it helps with asthma, coughs, and various skin conditions. You only need two ingredients to make this elixir and just a little bit of commitment, but it’s fairly quick and easy.
- 40-50 fresh nettle leaves
- 200-250g honey
- benefits the endocrine system
- stimulates the libido
- rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- improves circulation
- helps treat throat infections
- kills parasites
- boosts immunity
- protects against cellular damage
- promotes feminine health
- improves skin and hair
- increases energy levels
- natural energetic
- antiseptic properties
- strengthens the immune system
- effectively treats coughs
- improves cholesterol levels
- helps lower blood pressure
- promotes heart health
- helps digest stored fat
- improves the skin
- reduces gastrointestinal disorders
- regulates blood sugar levels
- Wash and pick the fresh nettle leaves in cold water.
- If you want to make sure that you got rid of the needles, you can rub the nettle leaves in a towel, and then rinse them again to make sure there’s no residue on them.
- Finely chop (or mash) the nettle leaves and place them in a jar.
- Only fill the jar with the nettle leaves up to 3 quarters, and pour the honey over the nettle leaves until the jar is filled.
- Close the lid and vigorously shake the jar before placing it in the fridge.
- Let it sit and soak for 30 days, but make sure that you shake the jar every day, during that period.
- After 30 days, filter the mixture to obtain the syrup.
- Store the syrup in the fridge.
Eat a spoonful a day, every morning on an empty stomach for 3 weeks, and you will notice how this ritual will improve your overall well-being each day. You can soon expect to feel more energetic and focused. And if you’ve been experiencing joint pain or coughs before taking this elixir, you’ll notice how these symptoms will be significantly reduced.
Restore your youthful vigor
Seasonal spring herbs, such as nettles, have everything they need to survive the battle between winter and summer. They are there to remind you that you only need to reach out to Nature to ensure that you get the right treatment for the season. So take advantage of that and treat yourself to natural rejuvenation. Use this opportunity to strengthen your immune system and energize your body while aligning yourself with the life force that reawakens this season.
Be mindful and aware when you prepare this elixir because that mindfulness will prove itself rewarding. It truly is a matter of “what you put in, comes back out to you”. Do it out of love for yourself. Go nettle picking and be grateful to mother nature, for she knows best.